Introduction to the "Get Outside. Go Explore. Reconnect." blog and a bit about me.

    11/19

    A bit about me...

    Hello everyone and welcome to my blog and my first post. Thanks for being here :) My name is Brian Mott, aka Mottsy. I am a 21 year old ultra/trail/mountain runner primarily. I also have a background in snowboarding. Aside from that I like to hike, adventure, hang with friends, be outside as much as possible, but of course always with my trustee sidekicks: craft beer and whiskey ;) Currently a part time student and worker with a dream of chasing the highest peaks full time. I spend most of my free time training and doing the things I love, which mainly is running for the time being. I have been a runner for part of my life I will say. But ever since the virus hit, I was reconnected with my true love and passion. I have been obsessed with running since June and I don't see my obsession slowing down. My history with running is an interesting one to say the least, but that's a story for another time. Running has given me new opportunities and has opened new doors that I wouldn't have discovered otherwise. Now it has led me here to start a blog.

    ...behind the blog name...

    Well I guess lets start with the name, "Get outside. Go Explore. Reconnect." This has been a phrase, quote, saying, etc. that I have been saying to myself lately. And yes, I am the author/creator. It seems to resonate with me so well. The phrase has become the basics of how I want to live my life and a guide to a happy one. Again a story for another time but, following that simple phrase got me out off a deep gutter I was stuck in. I was depressed, sick, and extremely unhappy with how things were going in my life. I took accountability for my actions and it all started with getting outside. I attribute most of my life changes due to a change in life style. In short I got outside, went out of my comfort zone, and reconnected with nature and my environment. This has helped me in a profound way and I have absolutely no idea where I would be if I hadn't done that starting this past June.

    ...about the blog

    So yes finally.. What's this blog all about. So the plan honestly is uncertain at the moment. I do know that I want to share some of my training in depth. Tips on how I stay healthy as an ultra athlete. I would love to write in depth race recaps about how things went mile by mile. Sharing photos along the way is a must. I plan on taking you all on my big adventures and letting you know how they went. This can include anything from hiking/backing trips, fkt attempts, fastpack trips, and anything in between. I can give some feedback on certain gear I use and maybe do a type of review. I do run in sandals and I know most people seem to be curious about that. Although I'm more of a minimalist, I use lots of other equipment that I can write up about. Oh and did I mention I loooooooooooove craft beer and whiskey? NO!? Well you will definitely be seeing a lot of the here too!

    To wrap it up, my blog will be about ME and my adventures. It will have a general theme of running, and most posts will likely have something to do with ultra running. However, this blog is far from limited to just that. I am extremely excited to share my personal experiences with everyone who would like to listen. As of right now I won't have a schedule for posts or anything like that. I just wanna see how it goes and have fun with it. It would be awesome to maybe post at least once per week but we will see about that! Look out for the next post soon though. It will be a write up on my personal experience with sandal running in the snow. As always thanks for reading. I appreciate each and every single one of you :)



    sincerely,

    ya boi mottsy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment